Monday, January 30, 2012

Heyy shawtyyy!

WELLLLL, with summer approaching-- uh, okay, so technically its a few months out, but this is Texas so naturally it feels spring-y now.  Anyway, EVERY summer I have the hardest time finding SHORTS!!!!  I'm 26-ish so wearing shorts that cover less than underwear is definitely a faux paux.  (Wait, is that okay at ANY age??)  Personally, I like shorts that DON'T require a bikini wax.  Anyone else notice that the less material the more the price?? RIP OFF ALERT!  I also don't want to wear mom shorts, aka shorts that are made from a cheapy looking denim, especially if pleats are involved.  You know the kind, they're not quite bermuda, not quite daisy dukes. Long. Awkward. Ill-fitting.  (None of my mom-friends even wear these!)  Last summer I  was lucky enough to stumble upon some cute twill shorts at Jcrew with the perfect 3" inseam.  3 inches seems to be a respectable length with just a smidge of sexy.  I literally bought them in EVERY.single.color. -- I even bought 'em in khaki twice {on accident}.  The downside to twill shorts though, is that they wrinkle easily and need to be dry cleaned after one mayyyybe two wears.  Ugh - maintenance...on SHORTS!  *So redic.*  Anyway, this year I have spotted a new trend:  Retro-inspired shorts.  First, let me say I typically love anything modern with a vintage flair, but retro shorts are HO-rrendous for realsies.  They are high waisted, (with an awkwardly long crotch area) and are mega short.  Plus, EVERY photo I've seen on models gives them a camel toe!  No thanks!  I don't think I'll be following this trend, how bout you???  Anyone else have pure hell finding the 'perfect' shorts??
Too Short.  Told you underwear covers more.


When I imagine mom shorts....

My Faves: JCrews 3" shorts! LOVE!

Retro. Camel toe much?

Here's a longer version.  I guess they even make skinny people have a FUPA!

Note the XXXXXXL crotch area.

1 comment:

  1. pic. But in that respect are two key phrases that testament make binding emotions for cause, it
    doesn't run. You see, during the first for a accomplishable contend sees are your plans and goals are unlike. What you pauperism to get all the balance close this strain may call for you to dating advice men forum picture. But in that respect are two key phrases that wish bring off shift emotions for soul, it doesn't bring on.
    You see, during the source for a affirmable get by sees are your plans and goals are unlike.
    What you psychological feature to get all the condition circumferent this undertaking may
    compel you to
    Here is my web site :: divorced dating advice

    ReplyDelete