Sunday, January 1, 2012

Oh, What a Night!

OKAY SO. It has been like my lifelong dreaaaaaaam to get a sparkly stunner and party like rockstars at a fancy NYE party. This year we finally made it happen! I wore a gold sequined Tahari shift dress that I love, love, LOVE. andddd some rockin' black platforms! I had the hubs in purple and we were lookin' good! We went out w/ some of our fave peeps, Jill, Byron, Bryan and Shena. Perfect group bc everyone is all about have a good drama-free fun-filled time! Jill and I started the day by going to hair our hurr did @ Drybar. Totally a must-do experience btw ... Drinks + blowouts = the epitome of girly fun! All 6 of us got rooms @ the same hotel so we could get ready and cab it to the venue! We had a great time getting ready; I know all the girls were super pumped about getting all dolled up! I wanted to try to be good about taking pics, but... by looking at our back it seems like there's a big chunk of time missing.. it starts w just a couple normal looking classy type shots, but then instantly shifts to all out drunken-ness. You know when the heels come off, the hair goes up and I'm dancin' on a seat that I'm feelin' good. REAL good. There were a few hiccups when we first arrived to the venue but once we got into our 'reserved' area (a little nook w two couches and some tables in the middle) things started to get a lil nuts! We danced, boozed, took pictures of people in full-out makeout sessions, boozed, took pics of people wearing hats (long story), boozed, got our own bottle of champagne which we very classily drank straight from the bottle I might add, saw some pantie flashing(bahaha!), Jill broke like 12 glasses and basically anything else in reach, and... well... We all had an absolute BLAST! I think we all enjoyed cutting loose, considering NONE of us ever do that these days! We pretty much shut the place down and took the after party to our hotel room, where Jill and I proceeded to "punk drunk facetime" anyone that would answer. (uhh, so, umm, sorry if you got a 3 a.m. call from us...whoopsies.) I finally crawled in bed @ 4 a.m. [I have not stayed up that late in YEARS I tell you, YEARS!] and then I was up at 7 a.m. and BOY, do I have a hangover from hell. Usually this is when I announce that "I'm NEVER drinking again" but this time around, the hangover was well worth it. NYE was definitely a night to remember ~ the countdown to our midnight kiss (just Jake and I, NOT the whole group, just thought I'd clarify) was my absolute fave part of the night. Jake and I are both anti-PDA but we mugged down quite a bit! LOL, OHHH man. ;) Good times! Here are the few of the pics!  Sorry they're all out of order, but blogger is ridiculous when it comes to uploading pics. Soooo actually I'm not going to upload a lot of the pics, bc I've been trying for an hours and I'm ready to give up.  So here's just a few, you'll get the general idea! {p.s. JILL email me some from your camera! maybe we can fill in the time gap?}
 


No comments:

Post a Comment