Monday, October 17, 2011

Work Flood

Yup, that's right, I have some MAJOR time off right now. Well, maybe not major, but 5 days worth total!  Apparently over the weekend my suite at work experienced some flooding, due to a pipe leak in the men's bathroom.  (I knew it could be bad being so close to the bathrooms!)  THANK THE LORD only clean water leaked, but nonetheless, there is some damage to my room + stuff.  I haven't gone to survey the damage yet, but I'm headed up there this afternoon so I can take a look around.  Then I'll be hitting the road to go buy replacement stuff!  Last night was a little chaotic...calling/texting/emailing clients who were booked through Wednesday - and during the Cowboy game at that.  But, I have almost everyone rescheduled, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.  Other than that, I should be able to resume normal operations on Thursday.

Now, a pessimistic person could see all this as some horrible catastrophe and have a total "why me?" pity party/meltdown - but, NOT I.  I genuinely feel very calm about the situation.   This is one of the things I talked about in a previous post - something I cannot change.  Stomping my feet and bitching about how inconvenienced I am will get me nowhere.  I'm not sour about the 3 days worth of lost income or the associated cost of refurnishing my place.  I figure everything happens for a reason, so as random as this seems it must be for something.  Maybe to teach me patience, maybe to give me a little break from work.  Maybe so I can spend some time outside in this perfect weather w/ my puppies!  This morning I woke up with a severe headache--the kind I haven't had in months.  I'm VERY glad that I was able to sleep in, and not have to work through it!  Phew.

Well, I'm off to leisurely get dressed and enjoy my day! AND the next 3 days off -- Wishing EVERYONE a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I love your awesome attitude!! You ain't too bad, I must say ;)

    ReplyDelete