Saturday, October 29, 2011

TMI: Annual Exams... *shudder*



Is this a great photo or what?!
 Does anyone else absolutely hate, hate, HATEEEEEEEEEEE going to the Gyno as much as I do???  Thank God you only have to do it once a year.  I dread it BIG TIME. I go to my regular Doctor once-a-freakin-month {Hypochondriac much?} and I love my every six month dental cleanings!  But Gynos... Ughhh.. I think it's awkward and horrible and THE WORST THING EVER.  Except the boob check part, that's like a free mini-massage and it feels pretty great.  So anyway, I have to be ready and "in the mood" to go to the gyno--like if I get the ballsies to call up and make an appointment, then I'm wanting to get in the same day.  Once the moment passes I'm totally over it, who knows when the mood will strike again, ya know?!  All the factors have to be just right:  the right mood, the right time of the month, shaved legs, fresh brazilian, and matching clean socks.  Trust me, those things don't happen in unison very often.  I called my doctor's office just the other day to schedule my annual exam and was hoping to get in ASAP.  I had just given myself a particularly perfect wax so I figured I should up the ante from my usual one and only visitor (Jake, duh) and let a professional take a looksie.  (Do doctor's even care about that? Probably not but I assume they appreciate the extra effort.)  So anyway, the receptionist told me I MUST wait another full month before coming in because it had not yet been a year.  I told her that was okay, I didn't mind and I was ready to come in NOW.  She said NO and explained it like this: "Think of it like getting your oil changed...You wouldn't want to do it just because, you'd wait until you hit 3000 miles". 

Ohhhh, I get it now -- Apparently I need to put a few more miles on my vagina. . . Thanks for explaining it like that lady, much-o appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment