Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Give Thanks! [Life ain't that bad!]

So I'm reading a new book right now and although there is a LOT for me to disagree with in it, there is also a whole lot that I've learned from it.  In my 'QUEST' for constant self-improvement, one of the most important things to me is to improve in the area of being a wife.  This is the single MOST important "job" in my life and something I absolutely refuse to fail at.  Jake and I are very fortunate that we have a happy love-filled marriage.  However, it will always take working at to keep it that way.  So anyway, back to the book!  Something I've been striving to improve on is giving thanks a LOT more often and for the smaller things in life - especially as they relate to the hubs.  The book also says to SMILE more often -- seems simple right?  It is!  It's freaking WILD how much this approach has improved our relationship already.  Smiles are contagious...If I'm in a happy joy-filled mood, Jake is too!  I've also been striving to keep a positive attitude on things that I cannot change.  It's much more uplifting and stress-free to go with the flow and not let things get me down.  I always think: Things could be SO much worse.  Plus, misery may love company, but negative attitudes just drag everyone down, and WHO freaking wants to be Debbie-downer!!??! Gotta keep things in perspective.  As long as I have my hubby beside me then nothing is THAT bad--not the end of the world anyway.   

{ Today or any day you say an unkind word- Think of someone who can't speak. Before you complain about the taste of your food- Think of somenone who has nothing to eat. Before you complain about your husband or wife- Think of someone who's crying out to God for a companion. Today or any day you complain about life- Think of someone who went too early. Before you complain about your children- Think of someone who desires children but they're barren. Before you argue about your dirty house someone didn't clean or sweep- Think of people who are living in the streets. Before whinning about hte distance you drive Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet. And when you are tired and complain about your job- Think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your job. But before you think of pointing the finger or condemning another- Remember that not one of us is without sin and we all answer to one MAKER. And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down- Put a smile on your face and thank GOD you're alive and still around. }

Loved this so thought I should share! 

1 comment:

  1. I may need to read this book! I like what you are saying.

    ReplyDelete