Sunday, October 23, 2011

So sickly.

Sad face.  ICK. I'm so freaking sickkkkkkkkkk :(  I woke up this a.m. feeling like total poop.  For realsies.  Sore/swollen throat, achy back/neck, FEVER, all clogged up, horrible earaches... no fun, basically.  As most of you readers already know, Jake has been SO.FREAKING.SICK. for what seems like forever!  Thank God he is finally feeling a little better and is back to work. {although, he goes to work no matter what anyway}.  He seems to always get way worse before he starts to get better bc he refuses to take medicine until he feels like death.  I, on the other hand will take medicine as soon as the slightest onset of illness hits me.  I load up on meds and lots of vitamin C, and it usually does the trick.  So, LITERALLY just yesterday morning on the way to work, I was thinking about how friggin awesome my immune system must be since I seem to stay so healthy.  Should have knocked on wood, apparently.  I will say though, it seems like every time I do get sick its on my days off.  I have not decided if that's a curse or a blessing.... Phew, okay, just wanted to throw myself a pity party, but moving right along!

Today I went to the State Fair and had a blast despite feeling so crummy.  Gotta love fresh air, or possibly pollution, you know, whichever.  Idk WHY the state fair in Dallas has to be in the freaking HOOD.  At the MLK stoplight some creeper/possible gang member approached my car window all scary-like.  I pretended to not hear or see him which was a little awkward because he was like TOTALLY all up in my face and we were practically making eye contact.    My dad said I should just run people over that approach my car.  I feel like I could get in trouble for that, no? Anyway though, I had my "yearly" funnel cake and it was delish.  They sell some pretty healthy sounding stuff likeeee.. Fried pineapple upside down cake, fried cake balls, fried mash potatoes, fried beer, fried queso, fried biscuits and gravy, and my personal fave: fried gilled cheese.  That's no typo on my part, that's LITERALLY what the sign said.  If anyone knows what gilled cheese is, please help a sista out!!!   I can't believe the things that people think to fry up @ the fair -- it's pretty incredible//gross.  There was a stand that sold $1.00 hot dogs which seemed very questionable considering NOTHING at the fair is under $8.00.  All in all though - I had a great time today!!  I'm happy it wasn't overcrowded and that the weather was perfect.  Looking forward to going back next year...maybe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment