Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Mid-Week Weekend

Ahhh... the blog itch strikes again!  Is writing is therapeutic even if you're writing of nothing of importance?  All I know is, it just FEELS GOOD!


Anyway!  So, its Wednesday, the start of my mid-week-weekend.  I'm off today and thursday, which I LOVE because I get to spend lots of q-time w/ the hubs!  He plays on an over-30 soccer league on these 2 days so we typically get to do things I like during the day, and then I go watch his games at night.  At first I thought it was going to be sooooooooooooooooo boring, but it turns out its only mildly boring, and sometimes its downright exciting! I feel like an overprotective soccer-mom, or more fittingly, soccer-wife, but anytime he falls, or if someone pushes him, or even LOOKS AT HIM SIDEWAYS I go into full on mega defense mode!!  mess w/ my hubby, oh hellll no.  Dont worry, I only rage on the inside...for now.. I get so proud of Jake when he plays really well and scores goals!  I'm also really happy that he has a fun hobby that he really enjoys.  He's so cute. ;)


On tomorrow's agenda is a leeeetle Christmas shopping and a movie.  I'm pretty lucky that (SHHHHH...) my husband loves chick flix!  His fave is The Notebook, and NO, im not bs-ing!  I hadnt even SEEN the movie before we got together and he just gushed (yes, gushed) about what a great movie it was, and ofcourse he just so happened to own it.  Another 'love' that Jake and I share is celebrity gossip!  I actually really like the fact that my husband is into celebrity dirt, and believe it or not, a LOT of times he's more ahead of me, all talkin' bout.. "You are not going to be BELIEVE [insert gossip here]."  We also share a love for shows like, Gossip Girl, 90210, Jersey Shore, the Bad Girls Club.. ooohhhh, the list goes on.  I'll never forget the day I paused Melrose Place on the DVR, figuring I would hit 'resume' the next day.  I get home, go to pick up where I left off and the whole episode started over, excuse me, WTF?!?! I call my hubs, and  in my typical dramatic fashion I'm like, "UGHGHGH, the DVR is broken, it totally lost my spot on Melrose," and he's like.. "oh, um, yeah, i watched it today while you were at work."  I'm like whoa whoa whoa, now you're watching my shows without me?! What is really going on here??  I will say though, he does have a pretty good excuse -its always "There was nothing else on."  (mmhmm, yeahhh right!) 


Now that I have you all questioning my hubby's sexuality, let me also point out that he's very manly.  He takes out the trash, changes light bulbs and even picks up all the dog poop in the yard.  One lucky girl riiiiight --->here!<--- 

No comments:

Post a Comment