Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'm Doomed to Have an Ugly Baby!

F*cking Scary
WHOAAAA, like not right NOW. and not in the very near future either. (umm.. hopefully not, but that situation is still developing.)

You see, the problem is, I have an eye for ugly babies.  Meaning, I'm not one of those folks who pretends that all babies are cute.  This is NOT true people!  All babies are not created equal.  SOME are seriously so stinkin' cute that I can't stand it.. but others... welllllll, not so much.  Some look like little old wrinkly men, or monkeys, or aliens even.   (I know, I know, that is so RUDE!) And I don't even hide it.  If you're baby isn't cute, I'm can't bring myself to lie and say it is. Instead, I'll say, oh, I like your baby carrier, (is that what you call that thing?) or you know, something along those lines.  

Because I'm so judgemental of these poor sweet babies, I just KNOW that we are cursed, and Jake and I will have a fugly baby.  BUT here's the deal.. I'm not going to go around trying to convince people that my baby is good lookin'.  I get so annoyed when people w/ not-so-cute babies rave about putting them in pageants or blah. blah. blah.  You're not fooling anyone!  I'll just be straight up, and correct people and say "No, little Baby Lisa isn't the cutest, but she's going to grow into it, or she's going to be really smart" or "Maybe she'll get by on her personality" or something like that.  And NO, I'm not really going to name my child after me, that would be weird. I might be blinded by my love but for realsies, I want to be honest with myself.  If our baby does look like the hunchback of notre dame, I AM going to 75% blame it on the hubs. His mom said he was so...um...unique looking the first year of his life that she didn't take him in public, OR take any pictures of him.  And she wasn't lying, I haven't seen ONE infant pic of him!  

Come to think of it....I don't think I've seen a newborn pic of me either.....Shit.  We're totally screwed.

1 comment:

  1. You make me LOL constantly. Annnnd I am soooo scared of having an ugly baby. EEKKK!!!!

    ReplyDelete