Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Makeover!

I think ALL girls love a good makeover..whether it be for themselves, unsightly women on tv OR on your house.  I'm working on making over our home  -  little bits at a time anyway.  Jake and I { with a HUGE emphasis on Jake }  are pretty cheap!  August 29th was our 2 year anniversary of buying our first place, so I guess it's time to do a little decorating.  I have always had in my mind that we'll be selling after three years, so it seemed pointless to do TOO much around here.  I have a phobia of putting holes in walls, so the fact that I've put up curtains in now TWO rooms is friggin big!  Now that we've been here a while... I'm emotionally attached to this place!   I wonder now if we'll end up selling next year or not.  I used to think we wouldn't have enough room to start a family here, but I'm starting to feel differently about that too.  If it happens, it happens and we'll make room!!  But anyway, I wanted to show a before and after of some of the SLIGHT changes so far.. First up: The bedroom, "where all the magic happens."  Just kidding, they say that on cribs so I wanted to say it too...  Our bedroom is really wide, and its reallllllllly hard to photograph so just go with it.  I kept the same furniture, but updated the bedding (it photographs kinda fugly) but Jake actually picked it out and it looks great in person!  It's Martha Stewart, and she knows what she's doing wayyy more than we do.  Next step is to find something to hang above the bed...which will be verrrrry hard I suspect.

Before

After {pardon the monsters that must be with me at all times}

 Next Up: Flooring. We got rid of the carpet EVERYWHERE except the bedrooms.  It was horrible during the whole process, but now that its finished I love it... and WISH we would've done the bedrooms.  (its on the list for the next year!) 

Before

After
 Well, other than the floors, the only other thing we've changed is the dining room.  We put in a new chandelier, and put up curtains! 

Before - (btw, WHO puts carpet in a dining room??)

After #1, new place settings and chandelier
 
After #2, CURTAINS!

No comments:

Post a Comment