Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Preface to the fb deactivation!

well, I probably should elaborate on my "big" Facebook deactivation. I say big because I've received numerous texts with "did you delete me???" and "what's wrong, why did you disable fb?" - well aside from my annoyances with people's frivolous empty posts that I spelled out in yesterday's post, NOTHING specifically was wrong. Except for the fact that I was wasting massive amounts of time sifting through that garbage. I hate feeling tied to technology, especially Facebook. I would go to get ready in the morning and think, eh, I better get online real quick and 'real quick' turns into an hour easily. It's just a waste. I dont need anyone's approval on anything to do with my personal life. I dont have anything to prove and I definitely don't need to impress anyone. This is my life and there is no need for strangers or friends to know all the details. There's something eery too, about everyone getting a pretty big peek into your world. Do you know the friends on your list well enough for them to be peering into your life and judging your every move? I also think it ruins the sanctity and privacy of marriage if you're spilling all the deets about your hubby or all the reasons that make him amazing. I know Jake is pretty freakin' awesome, but do I need to convince anyone else? Nope! I'm proud of a lot of my accomplishments, but boasting is classless. I want to be thankful, appreciative and proud, but not tacky. And more than anything, im finished wasting time! I'm looking forward to spending more time concentrating on my own life and the important people in it. Less time worried about what everyone else is doing. Not having a personal fb 1 day in feels pretty darn great! Maybe I won't be back on there as soon as I thought!

1 comment:

  1. If there was a "like" button I would totally click it! HAHA! Glad you're enjoying your break. My news feed is more boring without you. :(

    ReplyDelete