Thursday, December 23, 2010

New Shoes + Bad Dogs Don't Mix

I am happy to report that Tuesday night I treated myself to two fab new pairs of shoes @ DSW.  (The overwhelming shoe kingdom)  I bought some black boots on CLEARANCE (yes m'aam, $27, booyah!) and some camel-colored flats...not on clearance.  Got home, tried both pairs on and was feeling really good about my purchase. 

I'm not so happy to report that as I stepped out of the shower that night, I found Buddy chewing up my brand new 2 hour old flats!!!!!!  They were destroyed.  I may have even shed tears!  Why couldn't it have atleast been the clearance shoes?  Buddy has been so good lately (okay, SEMI good) but still... ???  I spanked him w/ what was left of one of the flats (not hard, don't go calling the doggie equivalent to CPS) and not two minutes later he had the shoe in his mouth AGAIN.  Clearly the whoopin' was ineffective. 

I tried to figure out how/why such a terrible thing would happen, and I came up with a few reasons:

1.) Its Christmas and I am being punished for selfishly buying myself something when 'tis the season of giving.
2.) Buddy decided that I have enough shoes and didn't need 2 new pairs.
3.) Buddy was hungry. For leather.
4.) Buddy needs more exercise.
5.) I should have put the shoes UP instead of leaving them on the floor.

Hmm - nope, can't find any seemingly good explanations!

No comments:

Post a Comment