Saturday, May 5, 2012

Selfish Moment

Here's how this is going to go.. I'm going to have a total poor pitiful me moment and vent for a sec - and then I'll get over it. So here goes.

This has been a sorta craptastic week.  First, Jake found out that his work shift is flip flopping.  This is a problem for a couple of reasons.  Most selfishly, I have MY schedule worked around his so we can get lots of q-time together.  It'll take me about 2 months to slowly mold my schedule to his NEW schedule so in the mean time we won't get a whole lot of time together.  TOTAL BUMMER.  I live for our weekends off together and now it'll be a while.  *Sigh.*  For Jake, he'll have to meet a whole new shift of people and work a different area.. on top of working 60 hours/5 days straight.  This will probably end up being a good thing though because he's soooooooo  darn likable.  He'll make friends no matter which shift he's on. :)  The final thing that this whole flip-flop puts a damper on is our Chicago trip.  Now my hubs won't have the same days off, thus, we may not be able to go after all.  We're hoping to still swing it somehow, but we'll see what happens.

Next up:  I totally BROKE a tooth this past week.  Besides the 'ouch' factor lets talk cost factor!  I now absolutely positively have to have a root canal so that's a whollllle lotta pain and about 1K in cash.  Ugh, I'm cheap, so although we CAN pay for it, I really don't want to.  I'm totally worried about how much it's going to suck!  Idk how I'll keep my mouth open for an hour and a half, plus have to smell all the chemical-y smells and feel all the pressure, and needles shooting through my gums...eeeeeeek!  It IS necessary though - as I can't keep a gaping hole in my mouth.  Let's hope for minimal pain and no complications before or after.  And possibly a gold tooth, if my bff has her way..

The next happiness-suck is a weird story.  We were contacted by HGtv recently about being on one of their shows.  It came out of the blue so we were sooooooooooooooo thrilled and excited about the idea of getting to go on a once in a lifetime vacation!  I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up but I totally did.  I started redecorating/deep cleaning the whole house for filming and bought lots of new clothes/hair stuff/skin care regimens/etc. (Yes. I went overboard.)  I found out on Friday that we didn't make the cut, so that was a tough little blow.  Dang!  {Guess it's nice that my house and myself will be looking a little better.}

Buddy, our Vizsla, has a nasty virus right now.  Neither of us have a day off, so we can't get him into the vet until THURSDAY!  I asked the vet to pleeeeeeeease let us swing by and pick up the antibiotics, but No - that would be TOO simple.  They wanted to see Buddy first, which is somewhat understandable, but its very very clear he has kennel cough.  If you've ever had a dog with it, its totally unmistakable.  So for now we just have to give him over the counter cough syrup and honey.  That's a blast shoving down his throat.  My poor pup!  Every time you give him a dose (or shoot it down his throat rather) he gives you a sad 'shocked' look, like you've totally betrayed his trust.  Hopefully he feels better soon and stops throwing up all over the place. :(

So that about wraps up my yucky week.  Well, that, plus the fact that I forgot my lunch at home today.  Now I'm going to finish this post with some silver linings.  First of all, if all of the above are the 'worst' of my problems, lets face it, I have it PRETTY GOOD!  So I didn't win a free vacation.. We can easily afford one on our own.  In all honestly, there are probably a lot of people who need it deserve it a lot more than us.  And yes, I must have serious dental work - but luckily I have dental insurance that will at least cover a teensy little fraction.  Jake's work schedule throws a wrench in our day-to-day life and travel plans but it's not the end of the world.  It's an opportunity for him to have yet another fresh start and meet lots of new people;  Plus, our lack of date-time will end soon enough.  I'm very fortunate that I make my own schedule and it can BE changed. (Even if it takes a little time.)  (Absence makes the heart grow fonder?)

PHEW! ~ Now that I got that out I feel much better.  YES, I know my problems are minute (pronounced mi-nute not min-it) when compared to those of the world, but whatever.. I'm a suburban wife and it is what it is. Just like anyone, every now and then I just want to throw a little pity party for myself.  Just don't get me wrong:  I'm extremely grateful that these ARE the worst of our troubles.   Life goes on!  I'm embracing the journey; even the things that pop up that are totally out of my control!  I promise my next post will be much more upbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment