Sunday, April 22, 2012

This & That: Life Wrap Up

So about 2 weeks ago, I tried mashed potatoes for the FIRST time in my life.  Yes, I'm for real, NO, I'm not lying.  I'm uber picky and I always thought they looked disgusting and I hated that 'mashed' was in the title.  Trying them for the first time was like a hit of crack.  NO LIE I have been craving them for every meal.  Mmmmm... Oh and P.S.>>I've never tried crack either but it seemed like a good point of reference.

I also tried salmon for the first time recently -- and liked that as well!  Now, it's not a serious obsesh like the 'tatoes but something I would definitely have again.  My taste buds must be gettin' all growed up. 

Hmm..I cannot believe I just wrote about foods that I've tried.  How BORING and odd.  This is the life of a married lady, I tell you.  My excitement is derived from new foods and finding cleaning products that work well.  But I wouldn't have it any other way!

So Jake has now been working in his new city for a few months now and he's ALMOST out of training which he will be realllllllllly glad for.  Thank goodness they shaved a few weeks off for him.  He has an old friend that will be starting soon for the same department, so he's pretty excited about that as well. 

My work has been cruising right along too!  I'm gearing up for the summer which is my busiest season.  I may end up having to extend my hours or pick up an extra day to accommodate everyone.  How is that even possible already??  When I opened my doors in June/July of last year, I worked between 3-5 hours a day and typically 3-4 days each week.  I probably mention this EVERY time I talk about work, but I still feel STUNNED by the growth and success of my business.  I'm having so much fun with it, and just could not be more thankful for the freedom it has given me to be my own boss.  I'm happy, healthy and stress free and you can't put a price on those things I tell ya!

With all the WORK going on in our family, we SURE hope to make some time for vacationing this year!  We are taking a mini-trip to Chicago in July for a family reunion - I'm SUPER excited about this because it's Jake's first time to the big city!  And I LOVE ME SOME CHICAGO!  I'm going to try to pack as much in as possible.  We hope to take a few 'real' trips this year as well, but more on that later.

I've been doing really well with my gym workouts, going as planned... AND MORE!  Pretty exciting stuff I tell you.  I used to think Jake was a cray cray person bc he'd spend 2 hours at a time at the gym.. But now WHEN I have the time, I love it as well!  Some days I hit up the gym twice.  (Who is this girl?!)  Ever since I lost my extra weight (Thanks to cal counting and my itworks wraps!)  working out doesn't seem so hard these days.  When I was heavier I had NO endurance and also felt more pain in my joints when I did practically anything.  My energy level is way up too!  I'm doing an 8 week bikini challenge with a couple friends right now!  (Its FREEEEE, check it out on ToneItUp.com)  It just started a week ago so you can still get on the bandwagon!  You can do the workouts at home, OR print them off an take 'em to the gym.  LOVE IT!  And the TIU girls have the most bangin-est bods ever.  = MOTIVATION!

So we have two monsters dogs of course and we'd been attempting to leave Buddy The Destroyer out instead of his kennel.  He'd been chewing up the blinds and stuff, but once they were ruined we figured it didn't matter if he damaged them further.  (Terrible, right?!)  Cut to last weekend.  Jake and I have a glass bowl on counter with all of our prescription meds, vitamins, 1 chocolate bar, etc.  Well, Buddy somehow got almost ALL the medicine out of the bowl --thankfully the glass bowl didn't fall/shatter-- but we came home to a pill explosion all over the couch and floor.  Pills and crushed pill powder everywhere.  We were able to determine that he had ingested the following:  Blood Pressure Meds, Hydrocodone, Ibuprofen, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Unisom, a bar of chocolate, andddd God knows what else.  Someone tell me how this dog LIVED??  No throw up, no diarrhea, no slow breathing, hyperactivity, N O T H I N G !!!!!!!  I swear he's got 9 (million) lives or something.  It was redic. And back in the kennel he goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment