Saturday, November 5, 2011

When a Married Woman Gets Hit On.

Let's be honest here... if you're married...or single...or old...or fugly.... or WHAT THE F EVER, it feels pretty dang awesome being hit on.  Isn't it totally flattering??? I'll answer that for you: Hell to the YES! For me, getting hit on is getting further and fewer between (okay, more like never) which is a little (okay, a lot) depressing.  During my glory days (ages 15-pretending-to-be-18 through about 22) I got hit on like everywhere and ALL the time.  I'm not trying to sound cocky, I'm just sayin'.  I was either smokin' hot or super easy looking, but whatever it was, it was definitely working!  Just this week, I was shopping at Express and a sales clerk came over to tell me I was the most beautiful girl that had been in that day, and he just wanted to say thank you for coming in.  I thought that was SO NICE that this guy went out of his way to approach me, ESPECIALLY considering some women would roll their eyes and be like 'uhh..ew, get away from me weirdo'  {which may or may not have been how I responded in my younger days when I didn't realize the value of a compliment.}  Maybe it was a realllllllllllly slow day at Express and maybe this man was totally lieing and he thought his compliment would make me spend an assload of money on shit I would regret buying 20 minutes later, but STILL.  It was nice and made my day, true or not.  I couldn't wait to tweet about it, tell ALL MY FRIENDS, the hubs, and every person who would listen.  [Sorry that this is the 17th time a lot of you have heard this story, but DANG, can't a girl be flattered and enjoy the moment for a few days?? Geez.]  Don't get me wrong folks, my husband throws compliments my way alll the time, but it's nice to hear something from a total stranger sometimes.  Husbands HAVE to say it, strangers don't.  Just last night my husband said "You have the body of Jessica Simpson."  and I said "Uhh.. she's like mega-pregnant?!!?"  and he said "I know..."  - See my husband is a total sweetheart and always knows just what to say to make a girl feel good.

Now, the only time being hit on is a horrifying experience that makes your self-esteem plummet to rock bottom is when the man hitting on you is really freaking unfortunate looking. [AKA pedophile glasses, crooked teeth and bad body odor.]  It's super embarrassing because it either means this man thinks he's in your league, or worse...he IS in your league.  Yeah, not a good situation.  This particular sitation has also happened to me, and I questioned my clothes, makeup, hair, choice in hangout and LIFE for like a week after.  Dang boys, if a girl is too hot for you, you betta recognize! (pronounced 'recunize' with 3 fingers snapping mid-air in a Z). Now.. don't get me wrong, we still want a compliment, we just don't want to get the vibe that you think you'd have a shot in hell.  Just say: "I think you're the most beautiful girl in here, but you are SOOOOOOOOOOOO out of my league."  In fact, you should say this even if you are way out of OUR league, it's just good etiquette and it makes us feel better.  Bottom line: White lies are OKAY if they are to boost a girls confidence. End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment