Saturday, December 4, 2010

New Years Resolutions

Well, with 2011 right around the corner, its time (for me anyway) to start thinking about my new year's rezzy!  Usually mine is alwayssss the same:  To be nicer to homeless people.  Its not that I'm ever NOT nice to them, but I like to make a point to do more for the less fortunate.  It's a resolution I've always kept, so it works out well.  This year, I have a WHOLE NEW agenda. 

Our first rez is probably gonna be a toughy!  The hubs and I have made up a very teensy meager budget so we can pay off Jake's student loans in just ONE year!  It does make me slightly sickkkkk to think that we'll be paying more on students loans then our friggin mortgage, BUT im looking at the bigger picture here.  When this debt is gone, I will no longer NEED my job!  AHHH!   I don't plan on not working but I think there is something NICE about working for fun rather than neccessity!   I think living on an itsy bitsy budget will be a good way for us to learn to get back on track and not overspend in the future.  Lets put it this way... our, ahem, MY spending in this past year has gotten a littttttttle out of hand.  Jake and I are savers, so we always put back quite a bit each month, but then everything else, um... goes. And on a bunch of frivolous 'wants' instead of 'needs' at that.  Not good my friend.  This year will be hard but I know we can do it!   And to Nordstrom & JCrew: I will miss you dearly.  See you in Jan 2012! 

The next res. is to go to church more.  Wait, let me correct that, to go to church, period!  I  used to be really involved in my church, but after Jake and I got together, unfortunately life got in the way and church fell way down the list of
priorities.  Somehow 4+ years has gone by, embarrassingly enough.  Ever since we settled into our new home we've talked about church hunting and trying to find a good place to become members, but its just so hard to find the time to go.  Jake's works EVERY Sunday, plus every other Saturday night.  The only days church is an option is the 2 Sundays a month that Jake doesn't work the night before.  And since those nights are our nights off together we always end up having date night out to dinner or late night movie watching, then come Sunday morning we want to sleep in.  Excuses, excuses, excuses.  None of them good!  But anyway, in the new year we WILL make a conscious effort to get things together!  Faith is a very important part of family, and we could use a little more Jesus in out lives!  ~~ sidebar though -- don't expect me to become some 'bible beater' as they say... I believe in God, Jesus, living a moral life w/ minimal sin ***BUT*** I also don't want to be hypocritical - preachy preachy or judgemental, like a lot of Christians are.  I believe you can be spritual and religious without being SHOWY about it.  It's my opinion that your walk with the Lord can be a personal one, it shouldn't be one of those things that you are thowing in peoples faces for the sake of TRYING to look like a good Christian person when... You're not.

Those are our resolutions!  I hope everyone else has some great (achievable) resolutions!  And....as always, I'll continue to be nicer to homeless people. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment